How We Help You
Medicare is complicated. The design of the program is fractured with different parts covering different aspects of your healthcare. Some parts don't work with the other parts of the program. This leads to confusion and frustration. Unfortunately, it can also result in errors that can impact your healthcare and finances.
What we do at Howell Medicare Advisors is help you understand Medicare and all the options available to you. We look at how to align your Medicare coverage with your lifestyle, needs and resources. We use a consultative process so that you are involved and an active participant throughout. We are a fee-only advisory service, not affiliated/contracted with any insurance companies so that we can provide unbiased assistance.
Our consultative process is designed to:
- Educate you on all the Medicare coverage options available to you: Part A, Part B, Medicare Supplements ('Medigap'), Part C ('Medicare Advantage Plans') and Part D ('Prescription Drug coverage).
- Narrow down the options that are a best fit for you using information you provide including coverage preferences, preferred providers and hospitals, and current medications. On average, there are 26 different Part D plans, 20 different Medicare Advantage plans and up to 15 different Medigap plans available for most people. The right plan for your friend may not be the right plan for you!
- Perform the cost analysis of the various coverage options to insure that you are getting the healthcare coverage you want at a reasonable cost.
- Provide a step-by-step outline of how and when to enroll into Medicare and any additional coverage options.
- Be a resource for any questions you may have. Services and Fees
- Personalized Medicare Consultations Individual $350 Couple $500 Education on Medicare benefits and available plans, analysis of most cost-effective plans, and screening for any federal and state programs that may help lower costs.
- Facilitate enrollments into healthcare plans $150
- Additional follow-up consultations $150/hour
(assist with enrollment issues not performed by Howell Medicare Advisors, LLC)
- Prescription Drug Plan review only (Oct 15 – Dec 7) $75 per individual review*
Analysis of most cost-effective plan, and screening for any federal and state programs that may help lower costs.
*Note: $75 covers up to $500 in savings per review. Additional savings billed at 10% over and above $500. Let us help you get through the "Medicare Maze"